Scar Tissue. The far reaching effects of and how to address it!
Not many people understand the deep and far reaching effects physical scars can have, both on an emotional and physical level.
Did you know for instance that a small scar on the lower leg could potentially be the cause of your back pain? This is because of the interconnected nature of all of our body's systems and functions and the fact that an incision of any sort into the body will destroy nerves, blood vessels, connective tissue and muscles and create inflammation in that area.
Additionally scars can cause pain or discomfort, itching, loss of or reduced feeling. Some people may not like to touch their own scars and indeed , depending on the cause, many scars can hold an emotional attachment and bad memories.
In addition facial scars have been shown in research to have an impact on the self esteem and emotional wellbeing of the bearers, with a higher percentage of these people suffering from depression.
I am now a practitioner of the McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release Technique.
This technique, whilst very gentle, has been shown to;
- Reduce or remove completely, pain from the scar
- Relieve numbness in the area, bringing back feeling
- Bring blood flow back to the area
- Change the colour from white to pink, or reduce redness in an inflamed scar
- Remove Lymph and consequent swelling
- Relieve itching and burning sensations
- Release restrictions elsewhere in the body
- Release emotions from memories of when the scar was attained
- Reinstate the energy flow through the meridians and chackras affected. For instance, a typical caesarian scar may cut through 5 or 6 meridians of energy channels, having far reaching affects on health.
The technique is very simple and we always work within the clients own comfort zone. Most scars will respond within one or maybe two short treatments.
Any kind of scar may be treated including;
- Caesarian Section scars
- Surgical scars, including internal scarring from laproscopy ( keyhole surgery)
- Acne scars
- Self harm scars
- Carpal Tunnel
- Joint replacements
- Breast Cancer scars
- Breast augmentation scars
- Stab or bullet wounds
In fact any type of scar you can think of may be helped, including those over metal implants or screws.
The only contra indication would be that the scar must be fully formed (at least 8 weeks after the injury), and stable and not contain any surgical mesh.
Treatment of scar tissue may be undertaken during a Bowen therapy session or alone. One or two short sessions are usually enough. For more information or a free telephone consultation call me Julie Dexter on 07866 967282.
July 9, 2018, 10:03 am